Welcome!

Welcome! If this is your first visit, please read the introduction at the bottom of the page. You are welcome to leave comments, but comments including hints will not be published. If you have a puzzle you'd like to recommend, please contact teamajk through geocaching.com -- Enjoy the puzzles!

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Mmm ... cake - 11/3/20

Today's puzzle takes us to Oklahoma.  My big accomplishment yesterday was baking my favorite chocolate cake (the "Reine de Saba" from Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking").  My mother used to make it for her French students when I was a kid and I would routinely request it as a birthday cake.  I only bake one about every 10 years or so, but I figured this was the perfect year to indulge.  I have definitely not mastered the art of French cooking, but it did turn out well in the end despite a couple of minor mishaps along the way.   If you ever go to all the trouble to make one, I'd recommend doing like I do and make a double recipe so you'll have a two-layered cake.  It's so dense and fudgy I'd never try it as a:

Three Layer Cake  

Tomorrow we'll ...

No comments:

Post a Comment