Welcome!

Welcome! If this is your first visit, please read the introduction at the bottom of the page. You are welcome to leave comments, but comments including hints will not be published. If you have a puzzle you'd like to recommend, please contact teamajk through geocaching.com -- Enjoy the puzzles!

Monday, August 1, 2016

Find that cache! - 8/1/16

Today's North Carolina puzzle is one that I had fun testing pre-publication last fall, and then lost track of it and didn't realized it had come out over the winter.  When it landed in my in-box recently I knew I'd want to share it with you.  It involves playing a game in which you must complete a task within ten moves, and one of the things I considered in the testing was whether I thought ten moves was a reasonable number of attempts.  In the process I got thinking about the old game "Name that tune," where the players would challenge each other back and forth like this: "Stan, I can name that tune in 7 notes." "Mary, I can name that tune in 6 notes." "Stan, I can name that tune in 4 notes." "Mary ... Name that tune!"  So my self-imposed challenge became to determine a way to solve the game in a minimum number of moves.  I thought about it a lot and was feeling pretty smug that could win it in 4 moves ... until my husband told me that he could solve it in 3. Good luck with:

The Taxicab Cache

Tomorrow we'll be in ...


No comments:

Post a Comment