Welcome!

Welcome! If this is your first visit, please read the introduction at the bottom of the page. You are welcome to leave comments, but comments including hints will not be published. If you have a puzzle you'd like to recommend, please contact teamajk through geocaching.com -- Enjoy the puzzles!

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Bucket List - 8/16/17

Today's California kablooey puzzle is a particularly memorable one for me.  While the appearance of the puzzles in this series is almost always on the first of the month, occasionally the cache page publishes early, with a note that the puzzle itself will appear at a certain time - often midnight on the first.  That translates to 3:00 a.m. in my time zone, so those are tough for me (of course, when they publish at 6:00 a.m. Pacific I get an advantage, so it probably works out in the long run).  If I don't have to work the next day I have been known to stay up until 3:00 a.m., or set an alarm so I can get up and take a look at the puzzle.  I know I looked at this one during the wee hours, but went to sleep without solving it.  Now, if you're like me, you sometimes find yourself dreaming about working on puzzles, and your subconscious occasionally keeps working on something long after the rest of you has tired of it.  More than once I have woken up with a new idea that I want to try, but I don't usually know where it came from.  In this case, I clearly remember figuring out a critical component of this puzzle in a dream:

Bucket List (KPC2012)

Tomorrow we'll visit another from the KPC series.

No comments:

Post a Comment