Welcome!

Welcome! If this is your first visit, please read the introduction at the bottom of the page. You are welcome to leave comments, but comments including hints will not be published. If you have a puzzle you'd like to recommend, please contact teamajk through geocaching.com -- Enjoy the puzzles!

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Getting Cozy - 8/22/17

I had heard not long before my recent trip to California that The Rat had a new book in the works, and I'm pleased to be able to share with you that it's now available.  It just came out over the weekend and I'm looking forward to reading the final version.  I had a sneak peek at an earlier draft and I enjoyed it a lot; I'm hoping it turns out to be the first in a new series. There aren't any characters who are geocachers, but puzzlers and puzzling do figure prominently in The Cyptic Crossword Caper: A cozy mystery:

The Cryptic Crossword Caper: A cozy mystery by [Atkinson, Russell]


If you're unfamiliar with the term "cozy mystery," I'd define it as one in which the main character is not a professional investigator/member of law enforcement, and that doesn't feature a lot of gore or graphic violence. The link above will take you to the e-book version (which launched at $2.99) and there is also a paperback version (note that the e-book has for printable versions of the puzzles). There is a teaser for the book on the Amazon page, but you might prefer to just jump in without that preview (if you read it you won't know "who done it" but you will know who the victim turns out to be).

I had hoped to find one of the author's excellent crossword puzzle caches to feature today, but I didn't spot an active one that I hadn't used (he often posts key parts of the solutions on his archived puzzles).  I know he's still writing crosswords, so perhaps we'll see one of those in a geocache puzzle soon??  For now I'll make do with sharing this puzzle, which I found appropriate:

Word Police Quiz

Tomorrow we'll ...

No comments:

Post a Comment