Welcome!

Welcome! If this is your first visit, please read the introduction at the bottom of the page. You are welcome to leave comments, but comments including hints will not be published. If you have a puzzle you'd like to recommend, please contact teamajk through geocaching.com -- Enjoy the puzzles!

Saturday, September 16, 2017

The Cryptic Crocus - 9/16/17

Today's puzzle from Italy was another that I found when asking myself if I could find a puzzle with a particular theme: the crocus.  Before moving into this house 12 years ago, I only knew the crocus as one of the first-blooming flowers of spring.  When I saw some blooming outside our front door in mid-September, I had to laugh and shake my head at what I thought were some very confused little blossoms.  Now I have to laugh and shake my head at myself ... every year when these little guys pop up, they surprise me again.  You'd think at some point I would remember and start to watch for them when the days start getting shorter, the nights and mornings take on a chill, and the leaves begin turning to their autumn reds and golds.  But I saw one this morning, and it had caught me off guard again:

Il Crocus criptico

Tomorrow we'll ...

No comments:

Post a Comment