Welcome!

Welcome! If this is your first visit, please read the introduction at the bottom of the page. You are welcome to leave comments, but comments including hints will not be published. If you have a puzzle you'd like to recommend, please contact teamajk through geocaching.com -- Enjoy the puzzles!

Monday, June 27, 2016

NHL in OZ - 6/27/16

Today's puzzle landed in my inbox recently, and I agreed it would be a fun one to share with you.  One sport I never heard anything about growing up in the 1970's in Tennessee was ice hockey.   This was long before the NHL's southward expansion, and when I married a Minnesotan and first started getting exposed to it, I sort of assumed it took the place of NASCAR in the northern sports coverage.  When I noticed the location of this NHL geo-art series in Australia, I realized that the sport's popularity has indeed spread to the truly "deep south".   This particular entry is in honor of a team much closer to my home coordinates:

 NHL 🏆 New York Islanders

Tomorrow we'll ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment