Welcome!

Welcome! If this is your first visit, please read the introduction at the bottom of the page. You are welcome to leave comments, but comments including hints will not be published. If you have a puzzle you'd like to recommend, please contact teamajk through geocaching.com -- Enjoy the puzzles!

Saturday, December 3, 2016

A Walk in the Woods - 12/3/16

Today's puzzle takes us to Washington state.  When I first started geocaching and found myself hiking out in the woods, fording (small) streams, and looking for blaze marks on trees, it was a very new experience.  I like that geocaching has gotten me at least interested in getting outside for a walk in the woods, even if my efforts don't rise to the level of what most outdoor enthusiasts might call "hiking."  I've never really understood the appeal of long distance hiking, and have been fascinated by people who hike the Appalachian trail, which passes not far from where I grew up (I knew that in an abstract way, but just looked up how close it actually is).  I recently enjoyed listening to the audio book of Bill Bryson's "A Walk in the Woods," (I enjoyed some parts more than others) and would like to see the movie some time.  All that talk about being in the woods did at least get me thinking about doing some caching.  I hope it won't be too long until:


Tomorrow we'll ...   

No comments:

Post a Comment