Welcome!

Welcome! If this is your first visit, please read the introduction at the bottom of the page. You are welcome to leave comments, but comments including hints will not be published. If you have a puzzle you'd like to recommend, please contact teamajk through geocaching.com -- Enjoy the puzzles!

Friday, February 17, 2017

Superior Donuts - 2/17/17

I happened to catch the first few minutes of a new TV show recently, as it appeared at the end of my DVR'd episode of The Big Bang Theory.  The name of the show was Superior Donuts, and in the brief bit I saw, Judd Hirsch and Katey Sagal were featured.  My first thoughts were, "Why is Leonard's dad running a donut shop, and Penny's mom now a Chicago cop?" (Side note:  You can tell that it's Chicago by the checkerboard pattern on the hat ... is it just me, or are there an awful lot of shows set in Chicago these days?) Apparently it's more than a coincidence that the actors are appearing together again so soon after recently guest-starring on TBBT ... from what I can tell Judd encouraged Katey to take this new role while they were working together on that show.  It's always interesting knowing a little bit of the behind-the scenes story.

I also have a behind-the-scenes story for today's California puzzle.  Recently I had an e-mail exchange with the CO and I happened to mention a particular puzzle type I was thinking of featuring soon.  It turned out he'd been thinking about putting together one with that theme for about five years, but hadn't gotten around to doing it.  Over the course of the next few days we talked back and forth about his design and the implementation, and he came up with some quite superior:

Chocolate Chip Doughnuts

Tomorrow we'll ...

No comments:

Post a Comment