Welcome!

Welcome! If this is your first visit, please read the introduction at the bottom of the page. You are welcome to leave comments, but comments including hints will not be published. If you have a puzzle you'd like to recommend, please contact teamajk through geocaching.com -- Enjoy the puzzles!

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

A Missed Opportunity - 2/26/19

In grad school my department had a lot of folks involved in missions to both Venus and Mars. I remember well back in 1993 when the Mars Observer spacecraft was lost just before it was to take up residence in orbit around the red planet.  Years later it was fun seeing one of my former professors giving regular briefings about the successful rovers, Spirit and Opportunity.  It was sad for me to see that the stalwart little rover Opportunity had been pronounced lost last week after spending 15 years doing a mission that was supposed to last 90 days.  After looking at a lot of the coverage I knew I'd have to feature a puzzle in honor of the mission.  And while I didn't find one perfectly in theme, I think this puzzle from the U.K. does quite nicely.  I certainly doubt there will ever be mission another that will:


Tomorrow we'll ...

No comments:

Post a Comment