Welcome!

Welcome! If this is your first visit, please read the introduction at the bottom of the page. You are welcome to leave comments, but comments including hints will not be published. If you have a puzzle you'd like to recommend, please contact teamajk through geocaching.com -- Enjoy the puzzles!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Meridian - 3/12/13

Today's puzzle is another in the Nevada series we visited yesterday, and it taught me something new.  Try your luck with:

Puzzle Me This #16: Meridian

Tomorrow another from this series.

Knowing of my love of puzzles, my dad sent me an article from the March 11, 2013 "Time" magazine, entitled "The Answer Men," which I highly recommend.  It talks about the lure of puzzling and the World Puzzle Championship.   If you can get a copy of that issue, I think you will find it interesting.  My favorite line:  "A well-constructed puzzle leads you down a particular chain of reasoning to a specific elegant or counter-intuitive cognitive leap, and as you make it, you know at that moment that you're making precisely the same leap the puzzle designer did.  There's a moment of silent intellectual communion, of shared aha!"  Well said.

No comments:

Post a Comment