Welcome!

Welcome! If this is your first visit, please read the introduction at the bottom of the page. You are welcome to leave comments, but comments including hints will not be published. If you have a puzzle you'd like to recommend, please contact teamajk through geocaching.com -- Enjoy the puzzles!

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Cubs Win! Cubs Win! Cubs Win! - 10/25/16

I became a baseball fan in the mid 1970's, and have bled Dodger blue ever since.  But I also have had a very soft spot in my heart for the Chicago Cubs.  I started following them in the mid-1980's, when my favorite Dodger 3rd Baseman Ron "The Penguin" Cey started playing there (subsequently he was joined by fellow Dodger Davey Lopes and probably some others I'm forgetting right now).  We lived in one of the northern suburbs of Chicago for several years, and it was a treat to ride the "El" to the "Friendly Confines" for summer daytime games.  Long before we had access to whatever games we wanted on satellite TV, the Cubs were an easy team to follow due to their games being played on WGN TV, and I spent many hours watching and listening to the play by play from Harry Caray, who must be looking down from somewhere through those gigantic glasses with a huge smile on his face today as his beloved Cubbies prepare to start their first World Series game in 71 years tonight.  I thought it would be fun to commemorate the occasion with this Indiana puzzle:

CubsChris's CubsCache

Tomorrow we'll be in ...

No comments:

Post a Comment