Welcome!

Welcome! If this is your first visit, please read the introduction at the bottom of the page. You are welcome to leave comments, but comments including hints will not be published. If you have a puzzle you'd like to recommend, please contact teamajk through geocaching.com -- Enjoy the puzzles!

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Tilt! - 10/8/16

The writeup in today's puzzle from Canada's Alberta province is something I'm quite familiar with.  Since I teach introductory Geology, I often use the analogy of trying to read the rocks like a book ... an area's history is recorded there, if we can just sort it out.  But we have to remember that it's probable that "pages" of the book are missing due to erosion, so part of the task is looking out for indications of missing information.  The interpretation of rock layers is 3-dimensional, and I've told you before how I have issues with spatial awareness.  In my brief lesson on this concept I use a lot of 3-dimensional props, which helps, but I always warn the students that how quickly you grasp what's going on depends on how your brain is wired.  Some of us will just intuitively get it immediately, and for the rest of us our brain sort of  goes:

Tilt!

Tomorrow we'll be in ...

No comments:

Post a Comment