Welcome!

Welcome! If this is your first visit, please read the introduction at the bottom of the page. You are welcome to leave comments, but comments including hints will not be published. If you have a puzzle you'd like to recommend, please contact teamajk through geocaching.com -- Enjoy the puzzles!

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Scarecrow - 3/22/20

I've been doing a lot of non geocache-related puzzling lately, and one of the things I've been introduced to is a site called "Scarecrow's Field."  Each puzzle is self-contained guessing game, in the form of an image.  You proceed by making guesses and receive feedback limited to "nope," "maybe," and "almost," with an occasional extra bit of verbiage thrown in to help you fine tune your guesses.  I've found some of them to be sort of straightforward (others are real exercises in lateral thinking) and I've been exposed to some remarkably wacky tidbits of random information while learning about the puzzles' themes along the way.  If you decide to check them out I recommend keeping careful track of all your "maybe" and "almost" guesses in case you end up leaving one and returning to it later.  The good news is you'll have more than one puzzle available to work on at a time. 

When I started looking for a puzzle with some kind of scarecrow connection, I didn't have to look any farther than one that I wrote for another Ithaca CO back in 2014, but which I haven't shared here before:

Captain Scarecrow's Golden Ammo Can

Tomorrow we'll ...



No comments:

Post a Comment