Welcome!

Welcome! If this is your first visit, please read the introduction at the bottom of the page. You are welcome to leave comments, but comments including hints will not be published. If you have a puzzle you'd like to recommend, please contact teamajk through geocaching.com -- Enjoy the puzzles!

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

A First, and a Last! - 3/2/22

Today's puzzle takes us to Germany.  Back in January of 2021 my students and I were all so happy to be able to start meeting in person again once a week that we didn't complain too much about having to wear masks to do so.  Since then more and more of my classes have gone back to meeting in person, but until Tuesday morning I hadn't been able to teach one maskless.  I'm working at two different campuses right now, and while teaching at the second one in the afternoon, masked, I learned that they are dropping their requirement for masks tomorrow. I know that this may all change again at any moment, but I am crossing my fingers that I've taught my last class while masked! 

I'm not sure how many of you may have noticed this, but there's a funny thing I've found is happening when I see someone without their mask for the first time: I tend to feel like they don't look like what I had thought they would.  Somehow my brain has filled in details of what I "think" they should look like without their mask, and then when I actually see them without it my brain feels very confused because the reality is different that what I was subconsciously expecting.  I'm looking forward to find out what more of my students actually do look like:

Behind the Mask

Tomorrow we'll ...

No comments:

Post a Comment