Welcome!

Welcome! If this is your first visit, please read the introduction at the bottom of the page. You are welcome to leave comments, but comments including hints will not be published. If you have a puzzle you'd like to recommend, please contact teamajk through geocaching.com -- Enjoy the puzzles!

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Honor System - 12/19/15

Today's Hong Kong puzzle has an interesting twist, I think.  You don't actually *have* to solve the puzzle to be able to make the find.  Would you go ahead and find it without solving the puzzle?  The answers certainly vary depending on who you ask.  I've been known to sign in on a cache when out with a friend who has already solved it (or in a couple cases when I was out with the owner who placed it) but my own rule is that I won't claim the smiley until I've actually solved the puzzle.  If I'm puzzling out of my area, though, I will happily claim a smiley with the owner's permission after DNF'ing a puzzle cache that proves to be missing, or one that I can't manage to open once I've found it.  I know some cachers who wouldn't claim those finds since their name is not on the log.  For me the puzzle itself is more important than the cache, but that's just me.  I've been known to use solvers on today's type of puzzle, but I did this one by hand just to keep in the spirit of things.  Since I can't post a photo of my work I can't prove it ... I guess I'm on the:

Honesty System

Tomorrow we'll head to Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment