Welcome!

Welcome! If this is your first visit, please read the introduction at the bottom of the page. You are welcome to leave comments, but comments including hints will not be published. If you have a puzzle you'd like to recommend, please contact teamajk through geocaching.com -- Enjoy the puzzles!

Thursday, August 1, 2019

In the Beginning - 8/1/19

Nine years ago today I posted this note on a puzzle:

"As the puzzle solving member of a new geocaching team I've been working on lots of puzzles for caches around the area in hopes of getting to them some day ... don't know if we're up to the 3 star terrain here, but this puzzle was fantastic! The "Aha!" moment of how to get it to work was quite unique. I feel like I've learned something new and very cool. Thanks! Maybe some day we'll be able to find the cache."

A couple of months after that I did make my way to the cache, and a couple of months after that I featured the puzzle as my second post for this blog:

Chain Reaction? Absolutely!

As I've been writing my logs for my recent California trip I'm reminded how much I enjoy looking back over the excellent puzzles I've solved in the past.  They feel like old friends, especially now that I've gotten to visit so many of their locations and meet a lot of their owners.  Even if you've solved this puzzle already, I hope you'll enjoy this little trip down memory lane.  I'll probably be posting some others in the coming days.

If you have your own favorites from your early puzzling days, please consider sending them along to me.  Your contributions are always greatly appreciated.   

No comments:

Post a Comment