Welcome!

Welcome! If this is your first visit, please read the introduction at the bottom of the page. You are welcome to leave comments, but comments including hints will not be published. If you have a puzzle you'd like to recommend, please contact teamajk through geocaching.com -- Enjoy the puzzles!

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Befuddled Fish - 10/23/19

I was working in the tutoring center yesterday and ended up spending quite a bit of time with a student working on a Physics problem about a fish hanging on a spring scale in an elevator.  I hadn't done this kind of thing in probably 25 years, but I had the right idea from the start.  I ended up reversing the signs on my first try and it took me a while to sort out what I was doing wrong.  But it's so typical ... if there's a way to do something backwards, I will definitely find it.  But the main question I had, honestly, was why someone was sending this fish up and down in an elevator??  Today's Colorado  puzzle which I featured back in 2013 just seemed appropriate for the occasion:

Befuddled Babel Fish

Tomorrow we'll ...

No comments:

Post a Comment